Routers offered by TP link are used by millions of people in across the world today. The brand has significantly gained popularity for offering awesome quality routers in the global market. With its big antennas, you can access high speed internet from long distance with minimum downtime and glitches. However, it sometimes stops working and you may face technical issues.
Here, we have come up with the common issues related to TP-Link router and various practices to troubleshoot them.
List of common issues you may face with your TP-Link router
Followings are some of the common issues faced by TP-Link router users.
- TP-Link router is flashing ‘Orange light’
- TP-Link no internet access wifi
- How can I update the firmware of my TP-link router?
- Unable to reset my TP-Link router?
- What are the login credentials for TP-link router setup?
- Unable to login to TP-Link router management web page?
Seek an instant help for all the above-mentioned issues. However, we have given a brief information on every TP-Link issues.
Fixed: – TP-Link router is flashing ‘Orange light’
Is your TP-Link router showing orange light? The orange light is the indication of no connection or poor connection between router and device connected through Ethernet cable. Followings can be possible causes behind it.
- Due to faulty firmware
- Due to hardware issue
- Software bug
- Loose connection between the router and the device. In such a case, simply plug out and plug in the Ethernet cable.
Fixed: – No internet access in TP link router
Follow these troubleshooting steps if there is no internet access in your router.
- Reboot your router and start it fresh.
- Make sure that your firmware is updated. To check it, access the router’s management page from TP-Link router login page. Search for the term “firmware update” from the search option and follow the instructions appeared there.
Fixed: – Unable to update TP-Link router firmware
In order to ensure smooth functioning of your device, it is important to periodically update your firmware. To do this, follow the given details.
- Open a web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Enter the username and password.
- Click Login and dashboard of your router should open.
- Move your cursor to the ‘Advanced’ option and choose “System tools”.
- Select Firmware upgrade and check if any version is available to be updated or not. If there is, then click on it and follow the instructions.
Fixed: – How to reset TP-Link router?
There are two methods through which you can reset your TP-Link router. Use below given methods and proceed it.
WPS method: – With the WPS method, you don’t need to login to your router. Press the ‘Reset’ button until the color of the LED changes. (Reset button is located at the back of your router)
Web-based management utility: – Do this through web-based management utility. For this, log in to your router, go to ‘System Tools’ and choose ‘Reboot’ option. Your system will reboot within a few seconds.
Fixed: – What are the login credentials for the TP-link router setup?
Use admin as both username and password.
Fixed: – Unable to login to TP-Link web management page
Apply below-mentioned points and login to your router.
- Check the connection of your router.
- Reboot your device
- Check the login credentials
- If nothing works, reset your TP-link router.
If you want proper assistance for your TP-Link router, you can connect with our experts.