Just like the routers, Netgear’s wifi extenders are equally popular in the market. They broaden the network coverage and lets you access the internet even from the distance of your router or modem. Here in this article, we have covered how to perform Netgear range extender setup, login, and reset with ease.
Follow the steps to Setup Netgear Wifi Extender Device
Steps given below paves the path for Netgear Extender Setup. Apply these step by step and set up the device to access high-speed internet connectivity.
- Get your range extender near your modem and plug it in the nearby socket. If you place it a little far, then it is possible that it may not get configured properly.
- Connect main modem and Netgear range extender properly.
- Open a web browser in a connected device and type Mywifiext.net or www.mywifiext.net.
- Now, a login screen will prompt asking for username and password.
- Enter the credentials in the blank boxes.
- Default Netgear Extender login credentials are:
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password
- Click Enter and extender’s dashboard will open
- Go to Setup option and select Wireless Settings.
- Click on the network field under Security Options and see the value therein.
- Change your password if it is not the same or does not match with your router’s password.
- Save the configuration by clicking on the Apply button.
- Now, you would have to reconnect the Wi-Fi devices to the NETGEAR WiFi Extender
If this method didn’t work then you can try an alternate way. Yes, you can proceed for Netgear Range Extender Setup without Ethernet port. Just connect your device wirelessly and get your range extender in working mode.
Use the below-mentioned steps and finish the setup process in minutes.
- Before starting the process, reset Netgear wifi Extender.
- Press and long hold the factory setting button (located on its side panel).
- Turn your computer system On.
- Next, open network setting. Check the list of networks appeared there.
- Select your wifi from the list and connect to it.
- Enter “https;//mywifiext.net” in the URL bar of any browser of your choice.
- A login panel will appear on your screen asking for extender’s username and password. You can put the default credential if you are using your extender for the first time.
- Use“admin” as a username while“password” in the field of the password.
- Lastly, follow the instructions appearing on your screen and complete the configuration process.
Your device is ready to give you the accessibility to enjoy fast internet speed. Just reconnect all the WiFi devices and surf the internet.
How to reset Netgear wifi extender?
You may come across situations when there is a need to reset the device. How to Reset the Netgear Wifi Extender device is discussed in detail below.
- To begin with, get your extender and plug it to the nearest power circuit.
- In the next step, remove all the inserted wire.
- Use a tiny pen or paper clip, insert it inside the hole and press the reset key at and hold it for 20 seconds.
- Restart your extender after waiting for some time.
Your Netgear range extender is set to the default mode. You can hard boot it and the process will be completed. If you need expert’s help at any point then you can them through our toll-free number +1-844-245-8772 any time. The experts will guide you through the complete process of Netgear extender setup, login or reset. Our dedicated team is available 24*7 to assist you. For any query, contact us now.