Netgear Inc, a company based in California and has spanned its roots in 25 different parts of the globe. A company that has earned the reputation of best networking device provider all across the globe. Netgear covers a variety of technologies like wired and wireless, Ethernet, etc to meet the requirement of users. The company has left no stone unturned to make things simple for the users. Continuing on the same footprints, we have come up with a guide which briefly illustrates Netgear Router Setup Process. Following these simple steps, even a layman can Setup Netgear Router and can experience hassle-free internet connectivity.
There are two ways to perform the Netgear Wireless Router Setup process. One is using Netgear Smart wizard and other is through Netgear Genie App. We will be covering each one in depth in the article that follows :
Using Smart Wizard
The below-mentioned guide will How To Setup Netgear Router using smart wizard.
- Connect the modem to the internet port of your Netgear router, then connect the computer to one of the LAN ports.
- Do a hard boot of your computer, modem, and router and wait for the devices to get stable.
- In a web browser type the default Netgear Router Setup IP and hit enter.
- A login page will appear, which will prompt you for a username and password
- Fill in your Username and Password and enter into the dashboard.
Default username: admin
Default Password: password
- After logging in click on the Setup Wizard
- Follow the on-screen instructions there after. You will be prompted with a message where the smart wizard will seek for detection of connection type. Click Next
- Then the Setup Wizard will detect Dynamic IP, Click Next, and the router will save the settings.
- You will now be connected to the internet. You can check the Router Status under maintenance.
Using Netgear Genie
- The first step is to unplug the modem and router power cables. Remove any battery backup from the modem if any.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the port of the router.
- Connect one Ethernet cable from the computer to anyone port of the router. Now reconnect the modem to power. Wait till all the LED lights to become stable.
- Reconnect the power of the router and wait until the LED becomes solid green.
- In a web browser type the default router’s IP and hit enter.
- Enter your Username and Password in the login screen prompted thereafter.
Default Username: admin
Default Password: password
- Click on Advanced and go to Setup Wizard
- Select Yes and Click Next
The congratulations page will be displayed as soon as the setup process is completed.
The above article shows how to setup a Netgear router deploying two different methods. The company has a futuristic vision of implementing the concept of DIY ( Do It Yourself ) and has managed to achieve this milestone to an appreciable extent. Our happy customers are a reward for our hard work.
At any point in time, if the user faces any difficulty in setting up the device, there is no need to panic. A dedicated team of experts is at the disposal of the users round the clock. The user can dial our toll-free number any time to get instant resolution to any of the issues that they may be facing. An expert will guide the user to get the issue rectified instantly to optimize the user experience.